About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bloggin' from the Phone!

One of my first posts details the reasons you should always have some form photography equipment on hand because you never know when an opportunity comes right before your eyes. Today was another such instance, granted my end result was a little grainy and not too sharp, but I captured the moment before my eyes. I wasn't close enough to get to my camera in time, but I had my phone. Recently we have had two fawns moving about our backyard. I live next to a forest and we regularly have deer mulling about and June is key time to see fawns. This Spring the doe had a set of twins and we have been seeing them everyday for the past week. At sunset the whole family was together, doe, stag, and the babies. I got a shot of the babies as they walked around by my bench. So enjoy and remember to always carry some form of camera equipment with you!


No comments: