About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Night


With tonight being the Oscars... wasn't sure if I'd remember to capture an image of the night sky.  But in all honesty, I am glad that I had a chance to post this.... My favorite piece of art is Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night." For an art project a few years back one of our assignments was to reproduce a Van Gogh.  It was actually a watercolor class and that was the trick to reproduce the depth of color and texture that was originally an oil painting.  I thought it was an ideal time to capture my favorite work of all time. It is on a smaller scale than the original by Van Gogh, but I am proud of what I was able to accomplish with it being a watercolor.  This is also a tribute to a great lady, my former art teacher Claire Weist whom taught me so much about watercolors and myself as an artist.  She is in the hospital and my spirit and wishes of a speedy recovery goes out to her at this time. 

No comments: