About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Art Takes Times Square....




I have recently submitted my work for consideration and the grand opportunity to have my work shown in New York City's Times Square.  How exciting, and what I really like about this contest is that it is free!!!! To have your work considered you have to do some leg work, and to have it shown in Times Square there is even more work or you can submit a fee of $25 to bypass all of the work and get your work out there.  What I really like is that it is a free opportunity for an artist to expose the world to their work.  I am certain that there are many artists out there who painfully submit fees for submissions to gallery competitions to have the opportunity to have your work shown in a gallery.  Sometimes you can win and are included in the group showing or you are politely turned down because they were not "feeling" your work at the time.  Trust me, if you do it often enough, your skin get a little thick.  It is very rare that you have an event that you can enter free of charge, and for any artist (because most of us are struggling) is a great gift of an opportunity.


For any of my followers or fans, I submit the link below for your vote and consideration.  A part of this contest is based on getting enough of the public to become their very own art collector and begin adding collections of the numerous artists that have submitted (and trust me there are beautiful collections out there).  There is also an opportunity for you, the judge and collector to win yourself a trip to NYC and $2500.



I have also included the nine pieces that I chose to represent me as an artist.... and I would be very grateful to anyone who participates and add me to their collection!












No comments: