About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Collective Art Show

Today I am attending my very first reception for one of my pictures.   I am thrilled and honored to be included in the group of artists that I am!  The show is titled 24 Maximum and basically includes a variety of works that are square in format no longer than 24 inches in size.  I submitted two pictures and the one that was chosen was "By A Thread."

It is leaves that were caught in the spider web of my annual Halloween decorations.  This picture was taken in October of 2010... below is the original file.



And following is the publicity (flyer) that was created to promote the show!


I am looking forward to many more shows and hopefully a solo show that would be great.  I have painted and drawn all my life, but it was just recently that I decided to devote myself to my work and actually call it my career.  So since July of 2010,  I have been creating work out of pictures that I have taken in the past and trying to get exposure!  If you would like to look at my library of work so far, just visit my website at www.simonehester.com.  Hopefully, I will have more updates and new shows to talk about.

No comments: