About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Street Scene

I have mentioned that I will show pictures from time to time on shots that I have taken and my end product.  As an artist it is important that you stay true to yourself and that is something that I pride myself on.  I see the beauty of my photos when I shoot them and I also see the end result, what I can create from them.  Besides being a photographer, I am an artist with a painters background.  I painted oils and eventually watercolors for years.  Now in the digital age, I use the computer as my paintbrush.  So every picture I take, I rework in a new way.  I treat it like a painting and the end results are pretty cool.  So the shot I am going to show you know is one of my archive photos.  I took the picture in 2008.  I just recently did the work on it, around 6 weeks ago.  It is so important to archive your pictures, because you may not see the final product when you first shoot it, but some time afterwards, it could be that magic picture.

So here's the picture...

In one of my next posts, I will show you what work I have done and how it turned out.

Stay tuned!

No comments: