About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Two Perspectives....

I had previously blogged about how I was enjoying myself in the great state of Michigan and enjoying some lake time with my family.  We were honored and grateful for the invite from a loving couple that knows my husband.  I was lucky to get some magic shots, hence my blog entry tonight.

On our second evening on the lake, my kids, husband and I tagged along with our host for Bass fishing on the lake.  I am not much of a fisherman but I did tow my camera on board (remember to take your camera with you everywhere).  I saw an awesome sunset on the lake and took a variety of shots.

So what do you do when you have similar shots of the same subject matter?  That's where you have to utilize your creativity.  My creative style varies depending on the subject and I often call it digital painting thanks to Photoshop.  The computer becomes my canvas and I apply layer after layer of different techniques, filters, etc. to create the look that I want.

With the lake shots, I decided to to do to monochrome techniques with two of the shots.  Not that mother nature did not do a phenomenal job in her own right with the original.  Who can top her?  I offer up my own creative style with the following pieces.  The first is called "A Lake in Michigan" and is a simple black and white and the only color that you see is from the lens flare.  The second image is called "Golden Sunset" and has added yellows, ambers, and golds to add to the beauty of the shot.  These are my two perspectives on the same type of image. 

"A Lake In Michigan" (c) 2011

"Golden Sunset" (c) 2011

No comments: