About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Photo 2 of 30: What You Wore Today

2|30

So, today's post is "What You Wore Today." A couple of posts ago I had mentioned the tasks that I deemed most challenging for me to produce for these upcoming 30 photos, and I did not imagine that this would be a challenge but it was.  For the type of work that I produce, my camera is always in my hands, I do not use tripods or remotes that some photographers use as a part of the everyday work.  I am all about the hands on.  So how do I capture what I wore without the use of these items or another person to take the picture? The answer, take a series of images and combine them into one.

 "twoofthirty"

So here is what I wore today... it is my typical everyday comfort attire.  The combo of a t-shirt, leggings, hoop earrings, and flats (sandals or flip flops when it is warmer).  I am a typical girls girl... love shoes and purses, but I also love earrings.  My statement when it comes to jewelry and accessorizing.  I will forgo necklaces and bracelets, as long as I have a great pair of earrings on.  So that's my outfit in a nutshell.

No comments: