About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Flower Painting...

I have always been a creative, artsy person.  Ever since I can remember, I have either doodled, sketched or painted in some form.  Because of this my mother enrolled me in private art lessons that I took from the age of 8 until I was 14 years of age.  Then I had high school projects and took my craft into a different direction.  Anything that I could apply my creative skills to, I did, all the time.  I never thought that I'd be in a position to follow my dream and my passion, but I am blessed that I am able to do so.  I have begun painting again, I had joined a local class in 2005 and stayed with it until 2008.  Then I abandoned it to work as a manager in the retail world... I have since left and decided to take up painting again.


It is my love of painting that ties into my love of photography.  With Photoshop, I am able to paint with my pictures and create new images, images that I might not necessarily be able to do with a brush and watercolors (one of my goals since rejoining the class is to paint some of my photographic fine art pieces... which I will blog about from time to time). I use Photoshop as my digital paintbrush and one such piece, that I recently finished, truly defines what I do.  It is a classic image of Spring flowers and edited to create that painting "feel."  I simply love the end result and I hope you do too!  Below is the finished piece and underneath it lies the original.


"Mellow Yellow" (c) 2012 



No comments: