About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Garden Season...

This is one of my most favorite times of the year.  Getting my hands dirty and planting new blooms in my garden.  My little backyard is my "hacienda" from all things being a mom, wife, photographer, homemaker and the list can go on.   I sit out on my patio, read and drink a good cup of coffee or tea, depending on the time of day.  Another great aspect of garden season is the beauty of nature... all the flowers and trees.  As a photographer, my eye is constantly drawn to these beautiful pops of color and I end up with some cool pieces of art.  


I am currently taking watercolor classes to refresh and rejuvenate my painting before I head off to grad school.  I either plan on getting my Masters Degree in Watercolor or Photography, I have yet to decide and why I began the classes. I have taken the classes before, but had a three year hiatus.  It is wonderful being back, missed my fellow classmates and teacher.  One of our assignments had us taking a small field trip to the local nursery.  I captured quite a few images and was able to create some really cool work as a result.  Below is one of the pieces and what I really like about this piece is how a stack of clay pots can truly create something special.


"Clay Pots" (c) 2012

No comments: