About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Photo 15 of 30: Silhouette

15|30

So I am half way there and this silhouette I happened to catch by mistake.  That is an interesting word "mistake," because in the world of photography and art, it is this mistake that can be one of your most breathtaking pieces of work.  It could be that one shot that tells a story to so many and transcends to another level.  So this mistake was because I was tinkering with my camera, adjusting the aperature and shutter speed.  This is one area that I am still learning with a very generous curve.  As I was outside sitting on my patio, a lovely bird that happened to join me by perching on my tree.  So I decided to snatch a quick pic.  Well, when I looked at the preview, I was intially angry because of two things: I didn't master the settings and the bird flew away before I could grab another shot.  However things, changed once I downloaded the image onto my computer, I was thrilled.  I touched it up a hair by adding some texture to it and included with my other fine art prints that I have in my online gallery (http://simonehester.com/).  Below is the original image untouched.

"fifteenofthirty"

No comments: