About The Artist.... Simone Hester

Simone Hester was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised on the far south side of the city. She found an interest in art at an early age. At the recommendation of her teachers, she began private art lessons at a small art studio in the suburbs of Chicago. She was tutored, mentored and exposed to a variety of art mediums from calligraphy, etching, Chinese watercolors, acryllics, and oil painting. There she developed a love for drawing and painting. She broadened her art education by taking a variety of elective art classes in high school and college. Upon college graduation, her first professional position allowed her to work in graphic designs and further her knowledge of computers. Once given a digital camera, she combined her love of computers, painting, and photographs to develop her very own technique in creative digital photography. The computer has become her paintbrush and allows her to stretch the natural boundaries that a typical photograph is held to. She recently left the traditional workforce to work on her art full time and contribute to her website (http://www.simonehester.com/) and write her blog on photography, art, and everything else she finds creative.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Photo 5 of 30: From A High Angle

5|30

Since I won't be able to get to a really high spot without delaying this project any further, I had to grab this image from one of my archives.  A previous shot that was taken from the John Hancock Building in Chicago.  That is the highest angle that I have taken a shot from to date.  If I get the courage and can overcome my true fear of heights than I will attempt to go to the Willis Tower and shoot there.  They have these special glass enclosures that provides a unique opportunity to get a full view of downtown Chicago.  Unfortunately my anxiety tends to kick in when I look down and seeing that the floor is made of glass the full view might just be a bit much.  Shooting via the window is the viable option at this moment, but working to get to the key shot.... shooting via the special glass box. 

The shot that I captured here was facing the lovely Lake Michigan and grabs the details of the street, Lake Shore Drive, a baseball field, and just ordinary life in busy Chicago.  I played around with this image adding grains and other effects to create an unique image.  I am pretty happy with the end result and will post this fine art print on my websites.

"fiveofthirty"

If you like this image, then please visit my website at http://simonehester.com or if you would like to purchase then visit here http://simone-hester.artistwebsites.com a variety of sizes are available.

No comments: